Before signing up with our services, please review the following policies. Violating any of these rules may result in the suspension or termination of your account with no refund. WEB.UNI.PH reserves the right to cancel the account privileges to anyone who purposefully and repeatedly abuses the system.
By using our services, you consent to be bound by the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. WEB.UNI.PH reserves the right to modify this AUP at its discretion at any time. Such modifications will be effective as soon as posted. Continued use of WEB.UNI.PH’s services following any such changes shall constitute the Client’s acceptance of such changes.
Liability For Violating Material
The client will be held liable for the content or material found within his/her hosting account that is violating any of the policies listed on this page.
Disk Space Usage
WEB.UNI.PH provides website hosting and not online storage. Allocated disk space should only be used for website-related files. Uploading files for the purpose of storing them online is not allowed. Any such prohibited use will result in the termination of the subscriber’s account.
Any and all services provided by WEB.UNI.PH may be used for legal purposes only. This means that illegal material is strictly prohibited. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data, or material in violation of any Philippine law, is prohibited. Any data that violates international laws is forbidden as well. All content that we judge threatening or obscene, and/or materials protected by trade secret can and will be reviewed by WEB.UNI.PH. Any material that fits into any of the above and below cases may be deleted with no prior warning by WEB.UNI.PH.
WEB.UNI.PH forbids any material that is listed below. This includes links, distribution, or any material referring to the following:
- Pornographic Sites
- Pirated Software
- Hacking and Phishing Materials
- Warez Sites and Cracks to Licensed Software
- Illegal Audios and Videos (Pirated MP3, Copyrighted Videos, etc.)
WEB.UNI.PH will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. You will be notified in time, and you’ll have to remove the material we’ll point out, immediately. If WEB.UNI.PH needs to contact you more than 3 times about a violation caused by you, your account will be terminated without further notice.
- Phishing/Scamming (attempting to trick unsuspecting users into providing passwords, credit card numbers, etc.)
- Sending unsolicited bulk email (SPAM, UCE) with your mail account.
- Uploading, posting or reproducing in any way materials protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright holder.
- Port scanning, network sniffing, and attempts to brute-force password cracking.
- Use your account to provide system-intensive services to large quantities of people on the internet without the prior approval of WEB.UNI.PH.
- Allowing usage of WEB.UNI.PH’s resources for accounts hosted on other servers. A website not hosted with WEB.UNI.PH is not allowed to reference or “hotlink” graphics, images, videos, etc. from our server.
- File Hosting/Download sites are not allowed in any of our shared hosting packages. A dedicated server is recommended for this.
- Background programs and processes such as IRC bots, webcams, Java chat servers are prohibited on any of our shared hosting packages. These can be run on a dedicated server.
- Any other practices that result in huge system resource usage.
Spam – Commercial Advertising Email
As long as multiple recipients haven’t agreed to be on your mailing list, then spamming, or sending unsolicited email, from a WEB.UNI.PH server or using an email address that is maintained on a WEB.UNI.PH machine is STRICTLY prohibited. WEB.UNI.PH scans the system and will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.
Server and Bandwidth Usage
Several factors can slow down a server. In order to guarantee the fastest possible connections, we need to monitor our servers for processes that overload them. Any party that slows our servers down, can and will be notified. WEB.UNI.PH reserves the right to kill any process (i.e., end a software’s execution) that is overloading a server, or slowing it down heavily.
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a WEB.UNI.PH server or client of WEB.UNI.PH is strictly prohibited and is followed by the deactivation of the offending account with no refund.
Network and Resource Usage
Any accounts using constantly more than 20% of the total network and system resources will be notified. WEB.UNI.PH will ask those accounts (using over 20% constantly) to remove certain material or upgrade to dedicated hosting, else those accounts will be asked to leave in order for all other clients to be able to benefit from the speed and fast performance.